New Delhi (NVI): The Central government has declared 18 more Pakistan-based individuals as designated terrorists under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA), 1967, for their involvement in the acts of terrorism in India at different periods of time.
The list issued today by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) includes Sajid Mir, who was one of the main players in the Mumbai 26/11 attack, and has been described as a Pakistan based LeT’s top commander.
The other prominent names among those designated as terrorists include India’s most wanted terrorist Dawood Ibrahim’s right-hand man, Chhota Shakeel, and the Bhatkal brothers of the Indian Mujahideen.
“These individuals are involved in various acts of terrorism from across the border and have been relentless in their nefarious efforts of destabilising the country,” the MHA said in a statement.
The UAPA, 1967, was amended in August 2019 to include the provision of declaring an individual as a terrorist. Before this, only organisations could be declared as terror outfits, MHA added.
The full list of declared terrorists under the UAPA:-
1. Sajid Mir- also known as (Sajid Majeed, Ibrahim Shah, Wasi, Khali, Muhammad Waseem)
Pakistan based top LeT Commander and was one of the main planners of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack.
2. Yusuf Muzammil- also known as ( Ahmad Bhai, Yousuf Muzammil Butt, Hurreira Bhai)
Pakistan based Commander of LeT operations in Jammu & Kashmir and accused in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack.
3. Abdur Rehman Makki- also known as (Abdul Rehman Makki)
Brother-in-law of Hafiz Saeed, Chief of Lashkar-e-Taiba, and Head of LeT political affairs, and has served as Head of LeT’s foreign relations department.
4. Shahid Mehmood- also known as (Shahid Mehmood Rehmatullah)
Pakistan based deputy chief of proscribed organization Falah-i-lnsaniyat Foundation (FIF), which is a part of the LeT.
5. Farhatullah Ghori- also known as (Abu Sufiyan, Sardar Sahab, Faru)
Pakistan based terrorist and was involved in attack on Akshardham Temple (2002) and Suicide attack on Task Force office in Hyderabad (2005).
6. Abdul Rauf Asghar- also known as (Mufti, Mufti Asghar, Saad baba, Maulana Mufti Rauf Asghar)
Another Pakistan-based terrorist and has been involved in setting up of training camps in Pakistan for recruitment and militant training and key conspirator in the attack on Indian Parliament in 2001.
7. Ibrahim Athar- also known as (Ahmed AliMohd. Ali Shaikh, Javed Amjad Siddiqui, A.A. Shaikh, Chief)
Pakistan based terrorist, involved in the Kandhar hijacking of 1999 and was also a key conspirator in the Indian Parliament attack of 2001.
8. Yusuf Azhar- also known as (Azhar Yusuf, Mohd. Salim )
Pakistan-based terrorist, involved in the 1999 Kandhar hijack.
9. Shahid Latif- also know as (Chota Shahid Bhai, Noor Al Din)
Pakistan based terrorist and JeM’s Commander of Sialkot sector, involved in launching of JeM terrorists into India. He is also involved in planning, facilitation and execution of terror attacks in India.
10. Syed Mohammad Yusuf Shah- most commonly known as Syed Salahudeen (also known as Peer Sahab, Buzurg)
Pakistan based, Supreme Commander of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen and Chairman, United Jihad Council (UJC). Involved in fund raising and routing finances to India for furtherance of terrorist activities by HM cadres.
11. Ghulam Nabi Khan- also known as (Amir Khan, Saifullah Khalid, Khalid Saifullah, Jawaad, Daand)
Pakistan based, Deputy Supreme of Hizbul Mujahideen (HM).
12. Zaffar Hussain Bhat- also known as (Khursheed, Mohd. Zafar Khan, Moulvi, Khursheed Ibrahim)
Pakistan based, Dy. Chief, Hizbul Mujahideen and also handles financial affairs of Hizbul Mujahideen. Responsible for sending funds for HM operatives in the Kashmir Valley.
13. Riyaz Ismail Shahbandri- also known as (Shah Riyaz Ahmed, Riyaz Bhatkal, Md. Riyaz, Ahmed Bhai, Rasool Khan, Roshan Khan, Aziz)
Pakistan based, founder member of terrorist organization “Indian Mujahideen”. Involved in various terrorist acts in India including German Bakery (2010), Chinnaswami Stadium, Bangalore (2010) , Jama Masjid (2010), Sheetlaghat (2010) and Mumbai (2011) etc.
14. Md. Iqbal- also known as (Shabandri Mohammed Iqbal, Iqbal Bhatkal)
Pakistan based Co- founder of the terrorist organization, Indian Mujahideen (IM). Involved in terror financing and various terrorist acts including Jaipur Serial Blasts (2008), Delhi Serial Blasts (2008), Serial Blasts of Ahmedabad and Surat (2008), German Bakery Blast, Pune of (2010) and Chinnaswami Stadium, Bengaluru Blasts (2010) etc.
15. Shaikh Shakeel- also known as (Chhota Shakeel)
Pakistan based Associate of Dawood Ibrahim, looks after all criminal and underworld operations of D-Company. Finances D-Company operatives of India. Involved in the smuggling of firearms to Gujarat, India, during 1993.
16. Mohammad Anis Shaikh
Pakistan based terrorist, involved in Bombay Bomb Blast Case, 1993 and responsible for the supply of arms, ammunition and hand grenades.
17.Ibrahim Memon- also known as (Tiger Memon, Mushtaq, Sikander, Ibrahim Abdul Razak Memon, Mustafa, Ismail)
Pakistan based terrorist, hatched the criminal conspiracy of the Bombay Bomb Blast Case.
18.Javed Chikna-also known as (Javed Dawood Tailor)
Pakistan based Associate of Dawood Ibrahim Kaskar, involved in Bombay Bomb Blast case, 1993.