Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Home Blog Page 30

Terrorism Is the Greatest Enemy of Humanity, India Will Continue Zero-Tolerance Policy”: HM Amit Shah

File Photo : Union Home Minister Sh Amit Shah

Srinagar, Apr 22 (NVI): Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Wednesday paid tributes to the victims of the Pahalgam terror attack, recalling the innocent lives lost and reaffirming India’s unwavering commitment to its zero-tolerance approach against terrorism.

In a post on X, HM Amit Shah said, “On this day, we solemnly remember the innocent lives we lost in the horrific Pahalgam terror attack last year. The grief and pain of losing our people still remain in the heart of every Indian. Terrorism is the greatest enemy of humanity, against which we must stand united to fight and defeat.”

He further stated, “India will continue its zero-tolerance policy against terrorism and those who harbour it.” (NVI)

We Remain United Against Terror, Committed to Ending Suffering in J&K”: CM Omar on Pahalgam Attack Anniversary

File Photo : CM Omar Abdullah

Srinagar, Apr 22 (NVI): Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said that the Union Territory remains united against terror and violence, reiterating the government’s commitment to end suffering and safeguard innocent lives.

In a post on X,CM Omar said, “One year on, we remain united against terror & against violence. We remain resolute in our desire to rid J&K of suffering & innocent deaths.”

He further stated, “We remain committed to doing everything to ensure it never happens again. We also remain in eternal solidarity with the families who lost their loved ones a year ago in that cowardly attack. May the souls of the victims of the terror attack rest in peace. #baisaran” (NVI)

“Any Attack on Indians Will Be Answered with Strength”: Rajnath Singh on Pahalgam Anniversary

Rajnath
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh (file pic)

New Delhi, Apr 22 (NVI): Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Wednesday paid tributes to the victims of the Pahalgam terror attack, remembering those who lost their lives in the incident and reaffirming India’s firm stand against terrorism.

In a post on X,Rajnath Singh said, “Remembering and paying my heartfelt tributes to the innocent people who lost their lives in the cowardly terror attack at Pahalgam in Jammu and Kashmir on 22 April 2025. We share the enduring pain of their loved ones and families. We will never forget those wounds inflicted on our nation.”

He further stated, “India has endured decades of cross-border terror, but today our response is firm, decisive and unwavering. Through determined action, we have demonstrated that any attempt to harm our people or disrupt our unity will be met with strength and clarity.” (NVI)

PM Modi Pays Tribute to Pahalgam Terror Attack Victims, Reaffirms Resolve Against Terror

PM Narendra Modo addressing a huge public gathering at Holy Town of Katra.

Srinagar, Apr 22 (NVI): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday paid homage to the innocent lives lost in the Pahalgam terror attack, recalling the tragedy on its first anniversary and extending solidarity with the bereaved families.

In a post on X, Prime Minister said, “Remembering the innocent lives lost in the gruesome Pahalgam terror attack on this day last year.”

“They will never be forgotten. My thoughts are also with the bereaved families as they cope with this loss,” he said.

He further stated, “As a nation, we stand united in grief and resolve. India will never bow to any form of terror. The heinous designs of terrorists will never succeed.” (NVI)

Balochistan: BLA releases logo of its newly-launched Navy wing HMDF

Balochistan: BLA releases logo of its newly-launched Navy wing HMDF
Logo of BLA's Navy Wing -- Hammal Maritime Defence Force (HMDF)

Quetta, Apr 22: Baloch Liberation Army (BLA), which recently announced the launch of its Navy wing — Hammal Maritime Defence Force (HMDF) — today released its logo, along with explanation and meaning of each its elements.

The HMDF is specifically tasked to “protect the Baloch seas”, according to the BLA which is fighting militarily for restoration of freedom of Pakistan-occupied Balochistan.

The HMDF has already started its operational activity by targeting a patrol boat of the occupying Pakistani Navy on April 12 in Gwadar, killing two personnel on board.

Balochistan: BLA launches maritime unit, kills 3 Pakistani Navy men in first attack

The BLA has now released the logo which has a White-billed sea eagle, an Anchor, a rope, two crossed rifles, a Compass and some Stars with Dark Blue and White colours.

Explanation and Meaning:

White‑billed sea eagle – Emblem of guardianship, constant vigilance, and precision‑strike capability.

Anchor – Represents firm control and stability over maritime territory.

Rope – Signifies disciplined seamanship and a solid grip on all operations.

Crossed rifles – Convey armed strength and perpetual combat readiness.

Compass – Highlights navigation expertise and a wide‑ranging operational reach.

Stars – Stand for supreme merit and a guiding light toward the nation’s highest ideals.

Dark blue – Links the organization to the Deep Blue Sea

White – Provides clarity, structural precision.

The BLA has been engaged in the military struggle against the occupying Pakistani forces for nearly two decades.

Balochistan was militarily annexed by Pakistan in March 1948 against the wishes of its people. (NVI)

Systems to breach minefields to be procured for Indian Army tanks
Contracts worth nearly Rs 975 crore signed in New Delhi

Defence Ministry to procure TRAWL systems to boost Army’s minefield breaching capability
Representative pic

New Delhi: In a move to strengthen indigenous manufacturing in India, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) has finalised contracts worth nearly Rs 975 crore for the procurement of TRAWL Assembly systems designed for T-72 and T-90 tanks.

The agreements in this respect were signed by MoD with Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) and Electro Pneumatics and Hydraulics (India) Private Limited in New Delhi today.

Advanced system to enhance battlefield capability

The TRAWL Assembly, developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), is a critical system aimed at improving the Indian Army’s ability to breach minefields.

It is designed to create safe pathways for military vehicles in areas containing anti-tank mines, including those fitted with proximity magnetic fuses. This capability is expected to significantly enhance operational efficiency and safety during combat situations.

Indigenous procurement under Buy Indian category

The project falls under the Buy (Indian-Indigenously Designed, Developed and Manufactured) category, marking a key push towards reducing dependence on imports and promoting domestic innovation.

The move aligns with the government’s broader Aatmanirbhar Bharat initiative to build a self-reliant defence ecosystem.

Employment boost and MSME participation

Officials highlighted that the project is likely to generate substantial employment opportunities, both directly and indirectly.

It is also expected to provide a boost to the MSME sector by involving smaller industries in the manufacturing of components, thereby strengthening the overall supply chain within the country.

BEML secures Rs 590-crore order from defence ministry

In another development, State-owned Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) on Tuesday announced securing a new order worth Rs 590 crore for the supply of trawl assemblies to the Indian Army.

In this regard, a formal contract agreement was signed between senior officials of the Ministry of Defence and BEML Ltd in the national capital on Tuesday, the company said in a statement.

“In a significant boost to India’s defence preparedness and indigenous manufacturing capabilities, the Ministry of Defence, Government of India, has awarded a Rs 590 crore contract to BEML Limited for the supply of trawl assemblies for deployment on the Indian Army’s T-72 and T-90 tanks,” the statement said. (NVI)

Trump says he does not want to extend ceasefire ending tomorrow
Iran has 'no choice' but to talk as US military is 'fully ready to take action', says the US President

Trump says he does not want to extend ceasefire ending tomorrow
US President Donald Trump (File Pic)

New Delhi, Apr 21: With Iran appearing evasive to talk, US President Donald Trump tonight said Tehran has “no choice” but to join the negotiations as “we are totally loaded up”.

He also said that he does “not want to extend the ceasefire” which ends tomorrow after a span of two weeks.

“I don’t want to do that. ​We don’t have that much time,” ​Trump said when asked about the possibility of extending the ceasefire during an interview with CNBC.

He said the US was in “a ​strong negotiating position” and would end ​up with “a great ⁠deal”.

“I do not want to extend the ceasefire. I think we are going to end up with a great deal. They have no choice,” the US President said.

“I think we will reach an agreement in the end… We are in a very strong position to negotiate,” he said.

When referred to Tehran’s evasive attitude on having the talks in Islamabad, Trump said Iran has “no choice but to send” negotiators to Pakistan for a new round of talks.

The second round of negotiations were expected to take place today and tomorrow, according to the US and Pakistan, which has made all preparations to host the talks.

The first round of talks was held in Islamabad on April 11 and 12.

Trump said the US is ready to resume the military campaign against Iran if no agreement is reached.

“..I am ready. That is, the military forces are fully ready to take action…. I am waiting for the bombers to continue, because I think this approach is a better approach to enter into negotiations,” he said in a new threat to Iran.

“We are totally loaded up; we are much more powerful than we were before the ceasefire. We used the ceasefire to restock, and they have probably done a little restocking. We totally control the Strait of Hormuz,” Trump said.

He said the US caught a ship yesterday that had some things on it that weren’t very nice. “A gift from China, perhaps—I don’t know. I am surprised. I thought I had an understanding with President Xi,” he said. (NVI)

Omar Abdullah Congratulates Students on Class 10 Results, Urges Resilience

File Photo : CM Omar Abdullah

Srinagar, Apr 21 (NVI): Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Tuesday congratulated students of summer zone schools following the declaration of the Class 10 results by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education.

In a post on X, he extended his best wishes to all successful candidates, acknowledging their hard work and dedication.

The chief minister also encouraged those who did not achieve their desired results to remain determined and continue striving for excellence, stressing that setbacks are part of the learning process.

His remarks came as thousands of students across the Jammu division received their results, marking a key academic milestone.(NVI)

Big Transition at Apple, Tim Cook to step down as CEO
Cook has been the CEO for 15 years during which company recorded tremendous success

Big Transition at Apple, Tim Cook to step down as CEO
Tim Cook to step down as Apple CEO

New Delhi, Apr 21: Tim Cook has decided to step down from the post of CEO of Apple after holding the post for 15 years which were marked with tremendous success of the company.

He will leave the post of CEO on September 1, 2026 and shift to the role of Executive Chairman on Apple’s board.

He will be succeeded by the company’s hardware engineering chief John Ternus.

Cook took the charge of CEO from Apple co-founder Steve Jobs in 2011, and under his leadership, Apple reported unprecedented growth, launching new products like the Apple Watch and services such as Apple Music and Apple TV Plus.

The company also became the first in the US to reach a market valuation of $1 trillion in 2018, eventually reaching $4 trillion in 2022.

When Tim had assumed the role of CEO, Apple’s market cap was $350 billion.

In a letter addressed to the Apple community, Cook has admitted that in his heart, the role of the company’s CEO was the “best job in the world.”

He referred to emails and messages received from Apple users who loved using the company’s products.

“You share little pieces of your lives with me and tell me things you want me to know about how Apple has touched you,” he wrote.

A person with rural background

Cook assured Apple users that he was still going to be around. “This is not goodbye. But at this moment of transition,” he said.

He expressed his gratitude to every Apple user for changing his life.

“A person who grew up in a rural place in a different time and, for these magical moments, got to be the CEO of the greatest company in the world. Thank you for the confidence and kindness you’ve shown me,” Cook wrote.

Praise for his successor

Cook showered praise on John Ternus, saying he is “the perfect person for the job”, given his vast experience at Cupertino.

“John Ternus [is] a brilliant engineer and thinker who has spent the past 25 years building the Apple products our users love so much, obsessed with every detail, focused on every possible way we can make something better, bolder, more beautiful, and more meaningful,” Cook wrote.

He said Apple is about to reach new heights in its new era with Ternus at the helm. “I can’t wait for you to get to know him like I do.”

Cook’s full letter:

To the Apple community:

For the past 15 years I’ve started just about every morning the same way. I open my email and I read notes I received the day before from Apple’s users all over the world.

You share little pieces of your lives with me and tell me things you want me to know about how Apple has touched you. About the moment your mom was saved by her Apple Watch. About the perfect selfie you captured at the summit of a mountain that seemed impossible to climb. You thank me for the ways Mac has changed what you can do at work and sometimes give me a hard time because something you care about isn’t working like it should.

In every one of those emails I feel the beating heart of our shared humanity. I feel a sense of deepening obligation to work harder and push further. But most of all, I feel a gratitude that I cannot put into words, that I somehow got to be the person on the other end of those emails, the leader of a company that ignites imaginations and enriches lives in such profound ways it defies description. What an honor and a privilege it has been.

Today we announced that I’m taking the next step in my journey at Apple. Over the coming months I will be transitioning into a new role, leaving the CEO job behind in September and becoming Apple’s executive chairman. A new person will be stepping into what I know in my heart is the best job in the world. That leader is John Ternus, a brilliant engineer and thinker who has spent the past 25 years building the Apple products our users love so much, obsessed with every detail, focused on every possible way we can make something better, bolder, more beautiful, and more meaningful. He is the perfect person for the job.

John cares so much about who we are at Apple, what we do at Apple, who we reach at Apple, and he has the heart and character to lead with extraordinary integrity. I am so proud to call him Apple’s next CEO. This company will reach such incredible heights under his leadership, and you will feel his impact in every bit of delight and discovery that grows out of the products and services to come. I can’t wait for you to get to know him like I do.

This is not goodbye. But at this moment of transition, I wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you. Not on behalf of the company, this time, though there is a wellspring of gratitude for you that overflows inside our walls. But simply on behalf of me. Tim. A person who grew up in a rural place in a different time and, for these magical moments, got to be the CEO of the greatest company in the world. Thank you for the confidence and kindness you’ve shown me. Thank you for saying hi to me on the street and in our stores. Thank you for cheering alongside me when we unveiled a new product or service. Thank you, most of all, for believing in me to lead the company that has always put you at the center of our work. Every day we get up and think about what we can do to make your life a little bit better. And every day, you’ve made mine the best I could have asked for.

Thank you.

Tim Cook

–Ends

Islamabad talks in limbo; US Vice President on way, but Iran shows no interest
US and Pakistan had planned talks for today and tomorrow, Iran has said it has not confirmed its participation

Islamabad talks in limbo; US Vice President on way, but Iran shows no interest
Islamabad geared up for talks between US and Iran

New Delhi, Apr 21: The second round of talks, which the US and Pakistan said were planned in Islamabad from today, appear to be in a limbo as Iran is projecting itself as an uninterested party.

Pakistan, the mediator, has made all preparations for the top-level talks between the US and Iran.

Massive security arrangements, along with curbs, have been imposed in Islamabad for the anticipated guests. Advance security teams of the US, with protective vehicles and equipment, have already reached Islamabad.

US Vice President JD Vance and top officials are expected to leave for Pakistan today, according to CNN.

However, uncertainty looms large over the prospects of the talks as Iran is not confirming its participation even as the two-week ceasefire is slated to expire tomorrow.

“No Iranian diplomatic delegation – be it a primary or secondary team, or an initial or follow-up mission – has travelled to Islamabad, Pakistan, so far,” state-run Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) reported at 11.26 am (Iran time).

Apparently, Iran has hardened its stance after the US Navy attacked and seized its cargo vessel in the Arabian Sea on April 19.

While vowing to retaliate, Iran is demanding immediate release of the ship, along with its sailors, crew and their families.

Trump, who is threatening to bomb Iran again if no agreement is reached by tomorrow, had earlier claimed that Tehran has agreed to ship its stockpile of highly enriched uranium to the US.

The claim was quickly ridiculed by Iran, saying its nuclear assets are a national treasure and would not be sent anywhere.

During the first round of talks in Islamabad on April 11 and 12, Vance and his team of negotiators proposed a 20-year pause on Iran enriching uranium. But Iran is not ready to accept it.

Strait of Hormuz: 

The world breathed a sigh of relief last Friday when it was announced that Iran would “reopen” the Strait of Hormuz, a critical shipping route for international energy flows, effectively shut for almost two months.

But the reprieve was short-lived as Trump said the US would impose a blockade on movement of ships to and fro Iran.

This was followed by a further escalation on Sunday (April 19) when the US Navy attacked and captured an Iranian cargo ship in the Arabian Sea when it was returning home from China.

MUST READ